Verifying your account helps for a few reasons.
- You can receive money from other alipay users.
- You can open a store on taobao.com as a foreigner.
- Verifying adds a layer of security to your account.
Once you’ve officially been verified by the system, your account will display a blue check mark to show you’ve verified your account.
Things you need to prepare for verification.
1. A copy of your passport.(biographical page+stamped page)
2. Bank card issued by banks located in China Mainland.
(Note: You can not use bank cards issued by Chinese banks located in your country to verify your alipay account.)
The process for verifying Alipay account
1. Log in to your www.alipay.com account
click “Manage Account” – “Account Setting” – “Basic Information” – “Verify Now”.
2. Click “Verify Now(立即认证)”.
3. Fill in your personal information as required
护照 means passport
4. fill in your bank card information
5. Upload your passport scan
6. Submitted successfully,Verification will be completed in 24 hours.
7. Once the verification is approved, you will then have a verified real-name account.